Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 Raw Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2

Remooc

Newquay, Cornwall, UK
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon D7000 Raw Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2"

Remooc Registered since 25th Sep 2012
Tue 06-Nov-12 07:20 PM

Hello all,
I need some help with a problem with Shooting RAW and JPEG .
I have shot RAW Slot 1 JPEG slot 2 a few times before without any problems. Last night as I was doing a firework shoot I decided to use this option again to have a go at processing the firework images myself. I used the following settings
1. Role played by card in slot 2 - RAW Slot 1 JPEG slot 2
2. Image Quality - RAW + JPEG Fine
3. NEF Recoring - Type ON Loseless Compressed NEF bit depth 14 bit.

Fired a test shot in my lounge and confirmed there was a RAW file on card 1 and JPEG on card 2. Went and did the firework shoot. Didn't have time to look at them when I got back. Today did some photo's with the children before they went to bed and now have downloaded both cards and I am somewhat miffed by the files on the Card from slot 1. The initial test shot was NEF then all the firework images from last night were JPEG. Tonight the photos with the children were as follows, the first 12 were NEF then 1 JPEG the 1 NEF then 22 JPEG then 1 JPEG and 1 NEF with the same File number of DSC_1789. This seems very strange as no settings were altered on the camera at all since setting it up last night. All photos on Slot 2 were JPEG and all present and correct. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

A general, generic topic Nikon D7000 Raw Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2 [View all] , Remooc , Tue 06-Nov-12 06:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 Raw Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2