Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Would not take picture

Caroleen

Carthage, US
133 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Would not take picture"

Caroleen Registered since 10th Dec 2007
Tue 06-Nov-12 08:25 AM | edited Tue 06-Nov-12 08:26 AM by Caroleen

My setting was on Manual - Aperture 5.6, Shutter 1/250, ISO 1000, indoors with a flash. I took probably 20 pictures and then when I pressed the shutter button, nothing. It wouldn't focus, wouldn't take the picture at all. I moved the camera and tried to take a picture - nothing. It wouldn't do anything. I turned it off and turned it back on and I was able to take a few pictures - after that it went right back to taking no pictures.
The focus dot did not come on but the camera did not even try to focus. You know it makes that hunting sound for focus and it didn't even do that. I probably am not using the exact terms for everything but when I pressed the shutter release it wouldn't do anything at all.
I do have about 900+ photos on that memory card (32G). I was reading last night that sometimes some cameras have a hard time storing more than 900 pictures. Don't know if that was the problem but it was annoying because I missed some of the most important times of the party like blowing out the candle, opening a certain present. It was annoying to say the least. Thanks for any help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Would not take picture [View all] , Caroleen , Mon 05-Nov-12 10:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Would not take picture