Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
sabbey51

Saddle River, US
649 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: It's cold!"

sabbey51 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010
Fri 30-Nov-12 09:28 PM

Condensation is not generally a problem in the cold weather, as it will when you bring your cold camera back into the house after being outside. If you'll need to shoot indoors, just put your camera in a closed Baggie before you come into the house.

It was much worse for me when I visited Mobile AL this summer. I ran out of the house to catch the morning sunrise and some fog, only to have my cool camera (from the A/C) immediately fog up fm the 90% humidity and stay that way until long after I lost the shot. The fix here would have been to leave the cameras out overnight (perhaps in the car) so it never cooled down.

When working outdoors in the winter, I not only keep the spare batteries buried close to my body, but try and keep the camera inside my parka or jacket as much as possible. Of course,cruise requires sufficient room for your body and camera.

A general, generic topic It's cold! [View all] , dentalpiano , Wed 31-Oct-12 12:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: It's cold!