Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best way to shoot small dogs in this situation?

RLDubbya

US
553 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best way to shoot small dogs in this situation?"

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011
Mon 15-Oct-12 04:45 PM

You could, as Jerry suggested, get down-n-dirty. You can carry a small section of painter's tarp to avoid the dirty bit. It's always best to use your eyes when taking a picture.

If you're unable assume the prone position, the next suggestion would be to get long glass, and stand quite a bit away. This minimizes the angle of perspective, and can yield nice results. Maybe in this situation you could get down on one knee and shoot, and get good results.

If you're committed to shooting blindly, I'd start by practicing doing so, and I'd mount a speedlite, AF-S mode, assisted focus, and shoot in the evening so that you can see the assistance light from the flash hitting your target. Observe the angle of the camera to the target, how wide you have to go, yada yada. The eliminate the speedlite, and practice some more. Ultimately, I'd try AF-C 9 point, and see how that does.

A general, generic topic Best way to shoot small dogs in this situation? [View all] , Steve6344 Gold Member , Mon 15-Oct-12 10:25 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best way to shoot small dogs in this situation?