Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Picked up my camera!!

cwils02

HIXSON, US
826 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Picked up my camera!!"

cwils02 Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2012
Mon 15-Oct-12 05:05 PM | edited Mon 15-Oct-12 05:05 PM by cwils02

I've been around DSLR even before the D80 came out. When I first tried digital, I had a Minolta Dimage 7 and then a Konica-Minolta A2. Still impressed with some of those low pixel count photos.

Then after using Canon film cameras, I was only thinking about Canon until a fellow employee task with being the company's photographer had the company's latest greatest Canon to shoot with, and still used her Nikon exclusively.

When I had to shoot a wedding, I purchased a D7000. I had only a couple of weeks to get used to the camera, and make sure I had it setup right. I bought both David Busch's "Nikon D7000" and Darrell Young's "Mastering the Nikon D7000". After the wedding, I used Darrell's book to get a discounted Nikonian Gold Memebership. After that I also got Hogan's digital copy of his D7000 "book".

The Busch book was the easiest for me to use & setup the D7000 according to the type of photography I was going to shoot. I'm not saying that the Young book isn't very good, but I found the Busch book to be faster to get up and shooting the things I wanted to shoot.

To be fair to Hogan, I haven't actually read his "book". Perhaps I already knew most of what I needed to know, or maybe I am not a good candidate for an instructional book on the PC.

Charlie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Picked up my camera!! [View all] , Ray P , Fri 12-Oct-12 11:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Picked up my camera!!