Thank you for your detailed explanations - You did open my eyes to a subject that is very interesting and to the point. To answer a few of you questions I am attaching the original photo to show you the crop. 1: "Jacques mentioned itâ€™s about a 60% crop, but I not sure if he meant that 60% was cropped away leaving 40%, or 40% was cropped away leaving 60%. " I cropped to leave 60% away. 2. "Not knowing what Jackques meant by his example" as you recall the original posting was about the D7000 suffering from back focussing. As I had the experience of having a similar problem, Front-focussing - with the D3s and 70-200 f2.8 and not convinced that the D7000 was the cause- I published a heavy cropped photo showing that if the D7000 was in fact back focussing that photo would not have been as good. The photo of the yellow bird is in fact more sharp at the front although the focus was on the bird. This was resolved by Nikon and the fault was on the Lens - VR was replaced.
Considering that since the beginning of this discussion - many asked the original poster, and others, to show actual photo with proof of the back-focussing problem - no one did - I was trying to help in submitting my example - I was wrong in doing so and you saw what I got for comments.
I still think that the D7000 is focussing properly as I have not seen any actual photos that is showing otherwise. This is my original photo of the woodpecker
This is my cropped photo - showing the front-focussing problem