Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display

RLDubbya

US
553 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display"

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011
Mon 08-Oct-12 10:25 AM

Wow. I don't think the 7000 is nearly that bad. I'll fess up: I've not read the manual. I've referred to it a couple times, but, for the most part I've managed to piece things together just using the camera.

I did get a copy of Thom's book a couple weeks ago, but that's 9 months into using the camera. I've read bits and pieces of it, but haven't read that cover-to-cover.

One thing I've noticed: I went from using the camera on daily basis for quite some time, call it 6 months, to sporadic use, then to a period when I didn't look at the camera for close to 1 month.

After that 1 month "layoff", I felt like I had to start all over again, in some respect. Familiarity was gone.

However, as I started using the camera again, I'm starting to appreciate how to better control the camera, and I'm rethinking a lot of my approach. I've cleared out all custom control assignments, and am starting "out of the box", so to speak. This re-thinking process has been good for me.

I've started to appreciate, I think, that there is an intuitive layout, an intuitive presentation. More and more, the camera just makes sense to me.

In my opinion, that's good technology: it just gets out of the way, enables me to better do the task at hand, and I don't have to focus on it.

But then again, I'm not a robe-donning priest. I'm just an another idiot on the internet, spewing my opinion for Google to index as it sees fit.

A general, generic topic Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display [View all] , Bravozulu , Sun 07-Oct-12 09:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Deciphering Rear LCD Info Display