Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with focus question

lautry

Panama City Beach, US
121 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Help with focus question"

lautry Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Oct 2011
Sat 06-Oct-12 08:49 PM

Hello Nikonians,
I am trying to take a series of dental pictures and I am trying different setups in an effort to "lock in" an acceptable zoom, f stop and shutter speed. The models will be on the same set up in a light box. I am trying to get the entire model in focus. I am using a tripod approx 18" from the subject. I started at an f stop of 5.6 at 150mm zoom, found the focal plane unacceptable and have increased to f18 to try and get a larger area of acceptable focus. I am locking focus on the teeth in the center of the model but i can still see the far edges drifting out of focus. I had to increase the iso to 1000 to get at least a 1/20 shutter speed. My question is am I going about this the easiest way? If i increase to f22 i will have to increase the iso or try to get some more light in the box. My only lens is 18-200mm. You folks are good and have helped this beginner many times. Thanks in advance.
Larry

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Help with focus question [View all] , lautry Silver Member , Sat 06-Oct-12 06:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with focus question