Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is this a deal or wait it out?

RSchussel

Vallejo, US
424 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is this a deal or wait it out?"

RSchussel Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Nov 2008
Mon 08-Oct-12 05:31 PM

You can get a 24-70mm F2.8 from a reputable dealer like Adaroma for a little under $1,900.D7000 bodies can be had for about $$1,000.

As to waiting for a better body I dont think anyone really knows what is coming or when.Like most electronic,s camera bodies become out moded every several years. Remember the D7000 currently has the best APS sensor available.

I would also like to point out the pixel density on a D7000 is almost identical to a D800.Going to a greater density (24M) means that compromises in sensitivity etc will be made.Thats why there is a D3x and reqular D3.

As someone pointed out you can always rent if its just for a cruise.

I upgaded from a D90 to the D7000 after trying it.For me there was a signifant improvement in color rendetion and lo light performance.
But if you are using prints of 8X10 the difference may not be worth it to you.

Bob

A topic tagged as having a question Is this a deal or wait it out? [View all] , MarK5692 Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sat 06-Oct-12 08:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is this a deal or wait it out?