Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Metering with Lens Filter Oddity

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Metering with Lens Filter Oddity"

Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Mon 15-Oct-12 05:40 PM | edited Mon 15-Oct-12 07:46 PM by Bravozulu

Excuse my lack of understanding. I don't know what T-stop means, and I am only guessing at CPl lens. Would that include a "G" rated lens?

Thinking back to that day of shooting, I guess I assumed "metal object + high sun = glare. That's why I put the polarizing filter on. Of course the metal had many curved surfaces. So the the polarizer at any particular setting would only minimizes a fraction of those.

On a straight sided car, such as an older Rolls Royce with those long, flat doors, I could expect to gain something.

You have probably heard that relatively new saying: To man holding a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I spent $100 on a new B+W polarizer and wanted to use it. Here are the EXIF files of the T-Bird and Corvette.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Metering with Lens Filter Oddity [View all] , Bravozulu , Thu 04-Oct-12 12:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Metering with Lens Filter Oddity