Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 images vs iPhone 5

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 images vs iPhone 5"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Wed 03-Oct-12 06:08 AM | edited Sun 07-Oct-12 07:54 AM by km6xz

No doubt, if I was a camera manufacturer I would be worried if my line was mostly point and shoot cameras, the bottom end and very casual shooting can be done entirely with a smartphone now, and it is free.
When displayed large, when trying to preserve DR of a scene or when light is not optimum, the DSLR of course shines.
I have not been a smartphone user and did not care about them but last week broke down and got a Samsung Galaxy SIII and find it quite impressive. Talk about convenient photos....I was in a cafe meeting a new prospective employee for a new start up business and took a photo of her, and sent her a copy directly by Direct Wifi to here and a copy to my laptop at home via email with 2 button clicks. It was geotagged and annotated with my notes and included her phone number/skype name that was sent directly to my phone from hers. Hummm, pretty cool.

I shoot less with my D7000 and D800 due to the weight negating carrying both all the time like I used to but that means lower frame counts but more serious and better images because those I do take are because it was the intended activity to be photography. Photography is starting to feel more like it did in the film era for me, more deliberate, less wasted shots, more time thinking about a shot than doing it. I think that is a good trend, but is sure is getting harder to cull out the non-keepers because there aren't many that are obviously not worth keeping. The phone will probably fill the need for opportunity shots and having something with me all the time. But it is not photography, more reportage, to me.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 images vs iPhone 5 [View all] , docimmer , Sat 29-Sep-12 06:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 images vs iPhone 5