Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Removing the plastic cover-plate protecting the monitor

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Removing the plastic cover-plate protecting the monitor"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Tue 18-Sep-12 04:09 AM

At the recommendation of many members here at Nikonians, I picked up a GGS glass LCD cover. The optical glass seems better, to me at keeping grit out, it can get in there but being glass, it does not compress to "rub" the grit into the LCD screen. I picked up mine for my D700 on eBay rather inexpensively.

Mine kit had two pieces, one for the LCD the other for the top LCD. The top LCD cover has adhesive tape to secure it to the top panel. I used a Nerf gun suction dart (you can get by with a small suction cup) with a little water on the tip properly align the GGS cover on the LCD. Looks great. The LCD screen secures to the back of the camera the same way the Nikon plastic screen does, but is definitely more scratch resistant and easier to see in daylight. I recommend it.

Search GGS and you can find other happy users. (Note they are camera specific so be sure to get one for your specific camera if you decide to purchase one.)

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A topic tagged as in need of help Removing the plastic cover-plate protecting the monitor [View all] , le gamin Silver Member , Mon 17-Sep-12 02:59 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Removing the plastic cover-plate protecting the mon...