Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

User settings on the D7000

DeanAZ

Phoenix, US
4176 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: User settings on the D7000"

DeanAZ Gold Member Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007
Sat 15-Sep-12 11:46 PM | edited Sun 16-Sep-12 12:05 AM by DeanAZ

Actually, the U1/U2 settings are not transferred to and from the SD card when you "Save/load settings". This saves or loads all other settings in the camera but the U1/U2 are not touched by this process. There is another menu item "Save user settings" that takes the current mode (PSAM) and configurations and then loads it into the selected U position but this never makes it to the SD card.

Of course, you could switch to the Ux position, and then select the "Save/load settings" item and save that to the SD card as a backup of you Ux position. Then you could transfer the settings file to your computer for safe keeping. You would need to do this once for each Ux position to save its contents. I also keep my standard base settings on an SD card so I can get back to a known position in a hurry.

I use U1 as my UFO/Alien visitor mode where the camera makes all the choices for the exposure and focus selection but I still get to decide whether or not the flash fires and anything else I choose as I don't really like the Auto mode. This way when the UFO lands I just have to worry about selecting U1 and taking the lens cap off. This also works good when I hand the camera to someone to take a picture for me.

U2 I have set for HDR bracketing.

I also keep another SD card with a settings file on it that has my timelapse config baked in.

Happy shooting...

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Time-Lapse: Vimeo-Dean Andersen

A general, generic topic User settings on the D7000 [View all] , Joecosentino Gold Member , Mon 10-Sep-12 12:26 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: User settings on the D7000