Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Reset needed?

SirPuttsAlot

Poughquag, US
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Reset needed?"

SirPuttsAlot Registered since 26th Sep 2011
Fri 24-Aug-12 10:08 AM | edited Fri 24-Aug-12 10:17 AM by SirPuttsAlot

While you can reset items in the camera to their default setting, there is no actual hard reset like one would expect, just the 3 soft reset options:
1. Shooting Setting
2. Custom Setting
3. User Setting
Non of these actually performs a hard reset as one would think of, which would reload the firmware and reset the unit like it just came out of the box.

I have read elsewhere on of different possible factory reset options that went something like:
1. Turn Camera Off
2. Hold down the shutter button
3. While Holding the Shutter Button remove the battery
4. Continue Holding for 2 mins
5. Leave battery out of camera for 48 hours

I tried a few of them, but they never yielded any thing. I have also tried reloading the firmware but if memory serves me, it didn't let me and just told me I was already up to date. I'm sure there probably is an actual process for performing a Hard Reset on the camera that the techs can perform, but it's not documented in the manual, nor have I found it on the internet. Best I can offer you is that I saved the stock settings right after I powered up the camera and entered the time zone and language information. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send the NCSETUP7.BIN file over to you, but I don't think it is any different than performing the 3 resets listed above.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 Reset needed? [View all] , deegeepenryn , Sun 05-Aug-12 12:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Reset needed?