Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Reset needed?

Ginsbury

Netanya, IL
540 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 Reset needed?"

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008
Sun 12-Aug-12 06:38 PM

I had a similar problem when in Africa in January: the D7000 would not turn off and I had to remove the SD in Slot 1 each time. Further on down the road, it started giving me incorrect messages about the status of the SD card, such as "card full", which it wasn't. Changing the card didn't help, but working with Slot 2 only, I managed to finish the trip and get home with all my shots intact.

I assumed there was something wrong with Slot 1 and took the body to the Nikon lab. A few days later, the technician called to say that I could pick it up. When I did, I was told that there would be no charge as all he had done was to reset the camera.

Since then, no problems.

A friend who had heard my story had what he thought was a malfunctioning lens on his D300S and reset the camera. And, hey presto, all was well thereafter.

Conclusion, and in answer to the opening question in this thread, yes and it might even be a good idea to do so from time to time, particularly before a big trip to save potential heartache.

Nathan

A general, generic topic D7000 Reset needed? [View all] , deegeepenryn , Sun 05-Aug-12 12:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Reset needed?