Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What focus settings do you use?

dbrook

CA
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What focus settings do you use?"

dbrook Registered since 18th Apr 2012
Wed 27-Jun-12 11:03 PM

The first couple weeks with my new D7000 were extremely frustrating and discouraging. I started out with lots of things set on Auto. I just couldn't master the 3D tracking or 39 point system. Eventually I found my way to this forum and followed a lot of the advise I found here. I switched to a setup like MotoMannequin has suggested and I immediately got amazing results. Here's a shot I took the first day after switching to single point. I was shooting some stationary objects on the ground when this goose exploded out of the marsh so I just started shooting in single exposure mode, not continuous. I wasn't prepared for this scenario. The shutter speed wasn't optimum for a flying bird shot so I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Don't give up on the camera yet.

Click on image to view larger version

A general, generic topic What focus settings do you use? [View all] , stevenfstein , Tue 26-Jun-12 10:52 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What focus settings do you use?