Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Some ISO 6400 night football

tommiejeep

Goa, IN
4638 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Some ISO 6400 night football"

tommiejeep Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2008
Sat 06-Nov-10 10:13 AM

Jon, appreciate the info. I use the Af-on button for sport and birds with pretty much the same settings. No AF-on button on the D7000 but supposedly a work-around using the AE-on button(some disagreement on that one ).

How well I know that the burst does not guarantee bat-on-ball but cricket is a bit slower than baseball and I am learning to anticipate better Getting the bales flying is a bit easier unless it is a full toss. Just start the burst as the ball bounces of the pitch. So far only shooting high school aged cricket so hopefully will get better by the time I shoot the big guys .

The AF looks like it will work for daytime soccer but not sure about the small birds in flight but my son normally shoots raptors/Egrets/Herons in flight and they can be pretty easy.
Cheers,
Tom

Manuel Sousa - alias... T.D.Hardin
http://taja.smugmug.com/
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/165169

A general, generic topic Some ISO 6400 night football [View all] , jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sat 06-Nov-10 12:40 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Some ISO 6400 night football