Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone experience this behavior with their D7K?

wwt67

Warsaw, US
362 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Anyone experience this behavior with their D7K?"

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010
Thu 04-Nov-10 01:52 AM

I took this photo last evening and I'm puzzled why it's so overexposed. I actually took 8 photos of this with different apertures and they all look like this. This was in a low light shaded area, so I cranked up the ISO to 2500. I was using my 300mm f4 lens. Camera settings were A priority, matrix metering, f6.3, 1/320, -.3 EV, Landscape picture mode, WB for direct sunlight, captured in RAW 14-bit.
I did change the WB in CNX2 from 5200k to about 6000k (can't remember exactly) and reduced the exposure about -.9, and boosted the color. The more colorful photo is the result.
Could the WB setting cause this or did the camera just not meter the scene properly? BTW this is not the first time I have experienced this with this new camera.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Anyone experience this behavior with their D7K? [View all] , wwt67 Silver Member , Thu 04-Nov-10 12:52 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone experience this behavior with their D7K?