Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dhmiller

US
899 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: focusing question"

dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Wed 03-Nov-10 10:38 AM

Thanks for the info. I am trying to find settings for different types of scenarios, for example, ones that will allow me to pan the camera across a landscape and retain focus - probably a difficult task. I tried this with the D7000 and a 70 - 300 (newest) lens and even with a very slow pan of my neighborhood, the lens did a lot of searching and the green rectangle in the viewfinder was hard to maintain. I wonder if that is as good as it will get (my old Sony CX 520 camcorder could do this effortlessly... what are the main differences?)

I assume subject tracking would be used for a different scenario.

I wonder if (and when) Nikonians establishes a Video group, we could have a sticky thread that lays out all the best settings for a variety of scenes. Anyone want to start the process?
Best,
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic focusing question [View all] , dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Mon 01-Nov-10 10:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: focusing question