Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Darrell gets his D7000 ... Yay!

DigitalDarrell

Knoxville, US
5987 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Darrell gets his D7000 ... Yay!"

DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Wed 03-Nov-10 01:55 PM

I'm impressed with the power of the D7000's video modes. The AF-F mode (full-time video autofocus) seems to work very well. It has face detection that grabs a face and hangs on for dear life, even if the person is moving around (plus there are additional AF modes besides face detection).

You can force autofocus by moving the AF point square anywhere on the monitor and pressing the shutter release button down half way, without exiting video mode.

The autofocus makes some noise, although it seems quieter than my D300S. If you are serious about video, you'll still need to use an external stereo mic. The D7000 provides a stereo plug, unlike the D90 or D5000.

One thing I like is that the D7000 doesn't seem as prone to the "jelly wobbles" (CMOS rolling shutter) as most cameras. If anything it's even better than the D300S in that respect.

You can bet that I'll cover the Live View and Video modes in exquisite detail in my book. The video on the D7000 seems mature to me. I am now ready to start shooting some video for stock sales. This cool camera is the cat's meow!

By the way, I forgot to link to Berger-bros.com's website. Here it is: http://bit.ly/c1EDoi. Their phone number is: 800-542-8811

Give Brad Berger a call and let him set you up with a D7000. He got mine to me as quickly as possible, and I appreciate the good service.

==============================================
Darrell Young (DigitalDarrell) www.pictureandpen.com
"Better too many words than not enough understanding."
==============================================

A general, generic topic Darrell gets his D7000 ... Yay! [View all] , DigitalDarrell Team Member Founding Member of the Nikonians writer Guild. Author of most of the NikoniansPress books. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Mon 01-Nov-10 05:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Darrell gets his D7000 ... Yay!