Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 vs D90 test images

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3557 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000 vs D90 test images"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Thu 04-Nov-10 07:16 AM

Roger, you might have a good point, for events, the D3s might be the best compromise in resolution and shooting conditions. For a long time it has been apparent that my keeper rate in clubs and events was much higher than those of peers who had a lot more experience in such activities. They all use 7d's 5dII's. We both assumed the hi miss rate was the poor low light AF of those two cameras, which do well in good light. The general "missed" shots might be also because both of those are higher res cameras and conditions are just not well suited to such high res. I would imagine that under good conditions and in low light the D7000 is potentially a world beater in the DX sphere but will also require better technique to give images equal to their potential.
I am particularly curious about the AF performance. I always use single point, center and recompose even in action shots because that is the most consistent and accurate on a D90. We all know how great the D3s is for tracking in all sorts of conditions. With more color information available to the CAM4800 from the new 2k RGB metering sensor, just how good is the 3D tracking? Let's see some shots with your D7000 of a cutting horse in full fury, that would be a great test; low light, dust, flying dirt, unpredictable direction and rate, blazing quickness, large surface of similar color that extends deep into the depth of field etc....That would be the ultimate test...not those 200mph stock cars or darting running backs that are more predictable and further away ;>)
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D7000 vs D90 test images [View all] , MstrBones Silver Member , Thu 28-Oct-10 12:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 vs D90 test images