Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image quality comparisons to D300?)"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Mon 01-Nov-10 12:10 PM

I would be surprised if Nikon lets the DX pro style body market go stale very long, it would be hard to reclaim their market share if there is not something available for another 6 months. The 7DmkII will be out before that, and the Pentax K-5 is just coming out. Anyone in the market , while holding Nikon glass is waiting, newcomers who might have gotten the D300s are buying D7000's.
All the basics for the new D300 replacement are on the shelf now, the image chain from the D7000, plus some more buffer, the AF system with an opened up CAM4800 etc. IQ will not be the selling point over the D7000, just as the D300 versus the D90, but body, AF and some add on features that do not disturb the core subsystems will be the selling points.
It will be interesting just how powerful the core of the ExpeedII and CAM4800 are, for example just how many burst shot can the ExpeedII handle in 14 bit if the buffer size/performance is available. Same with the CAM4800, just how many cross points and focal points CAN it handle. We will find out with the D400.
While I love the D7000 specs and performance so far as I've seen, I am not really in the market. There are no D7000s in the country and by the time there are, maybe the D400 will be announced. In the meantime I continue to have a ball with the D90 and a nice selection of lenses plus good lighting and grip. Together they work fine. That might change later this month when I go back to the US for an unplanned family visit. Hopefully I will see and play with a flesh and blood D7000 in California. All my best decisions are unplanned spur of the moment;>)
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet? [View all] , jerry r , Wed 27-Oct-10 02:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?
Reply message Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qualit...
Reply message RE: focus points.
Reply message RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu...