Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?

pdekman

Swisher, US
1058 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image quality comparisons to D300?)"

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Winner in the Annual Nikonians Best Images Contest 2015 Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005
Sat 30-Oct-10 04:45 PM

I had a similar choice, wanting to upgrade my D200 for better high ISO shooting, as well as gaining liveview for macros and such. I'm not tempted by FX as I like to shoot wildlife and enjoy the reach of DX. I chose the D7K over the D300s as the draw of new technology won me over vs. the more familiar build and ergonomics of the D300s.

After two evenings of shooting, I'm quite impressed with the performance of the D7K. I just updated my LR3 ISO Presets and just marvel at the quality of ISO1600+ (coming from my D200). Happily, the lower ISO images are wonderfully detailed. I need to relearn a few button positions, but that's pretty easy. Reaching for AF-On(AEL) is a bit awkward as I am left-eye dominant, but can be readily accomodated.

I assume the AF performance will be better than what I have now, but will not match the higher-end bodies. Overall, I see no significant drawbacks with this camera for my use.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet? [View all] , jerry r , Wed 27-Oct-10 02:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?
Reply message Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qualit...
Reply message RE: focus points.
Reply message RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu...