Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3574 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Wed 27-Oct-10 09:39 PM

You might be reading too much into the DxO numbers, which state they are sensor scores, not image results.
All I know is from the posted images and that my D90, which I love, is not in the same league as a D7000 at high or low ISO. The D90 was the DR leader at base ISO but the posted photos show a remarkable quality at 100 ISO and wider DR than anything I have seen in DX. This one can handle wider range scenes before burying detail in clipped blacks and clipping highs. The 100% crops show more detail in shadows and a smoothness that will be hard to beat for a while even by general purpose FX. Everyone is excited about testing high ISO but the real surprise is quality of 100-200.
Here are a series of shots with no NR from either camera, F7.1, that shows that the D7000 has better color fidelity at high ISO, even with more noise than the D700.
http://bophot.blogspot.com/2010/10/nikon-d7000-in-d700-kratka-primerjava_27.html

Notice the eyes of the bear, The red ring fades to black on the D700 as the ISO is pushed up yet it does not change color even at 25k on the D7000. Some landscape photographers are going to love that DR.
No, not one is bothering with comparing with the D300, because early on the upgrade in overall image capture was evident at all light levels and settings. I have no interest in seeing D90 comparisons for the same reason. There is no comparison.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet? [View all] , jerry r , Wed 27-Oct-10 02:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?
Reply message Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qualit...
Reply message RE: focus points.
Reply message RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu...