Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?

visionguru

Chicago, US
227 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?"

visionguru Registered since 03rd Nov 2008
Wed 27-Oct-10 08:57 PM

Stan: "It surely in at the top of heap of DX cameras, with less noise and artifact than the 7d."

That's not a big surprise, because D90 already has better ISO performance than 7D, according to DxO mark:

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/Camera-Sensor/Sensor-rankings/List-view

I think D7000 is almost definitely better than D90 in terms of ISO performance, but I'm not sure it can be compared to D700. Notice that D700 has 2303 ISO score, D90 977. It's more than 1 stop difference. When all said and done, I will be surprised D7000 can get ISO score better than 1500, even if it does, still far from catching up with D700.

From the flickr ISO shots you posted in another thread, I think they are not that much better than D90 would perform under the same situation.

I remember someone posted pictures of D3100, and many people think D3100 is comparable to D700, turns out D3100 cannot even beat D90. I too hope D7000 is a drastic improvement over D90, but I'm less convinced now than a couple of months ago.

Jay
- Chicago Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet? [View all] , jerry r , Wed 27-Oct-10 02:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Any image quality comparisons to D300 yet?
Reply message Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qualit...
Reply message RE: focus points.
Reply message RE: Need help understanding and deciding (Was: image qu...