Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3574 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 29-Oct-10 09:52 AM

After having terrible luck with the plastic squeeze connectors that Op/Tech uses, I will pass. Bumping into anything with my backpack and a tool case I have that uses them springs them open at the worst times.
I have them on a duffel bag I use for flying and have to secure them with nylon tie straps to prevent them from opening during baggage handling after it happened so many times.

For my camera, I only use the Black Rapid RS-5 because the camera is heavy with the longer pro lenses/flash/grip/modifiers which would be a bear to carry all day without it. I can carry it for hours without noticing the weight and have it at my eye in 1/2 a second, faster than any neck strap. It also leaves two hands free giving great stability over rough terrain or in crowded places. Besides I can't afford to replace a damaged or stolen camera/lenses if I used a standard strap.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question [View all] , RaiZe , Wed 27-Oct-10 10:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question