Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New member and concider to buy d7000

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New member and concider to buy d7000"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 24-Oct-10 04:12 AM

Do you have a specific reason to move to FX? If IQ is it, DX and FX are similar now that the D7000 ha come out. The main advantage is for landscape photographers, wide angle lenses are really wide on FX. If that is the reason, you will NOT want to waste money on a 18-200 now, but invest in such wide lenses now as the 14-24 for $1800 which will work on both DX and FX.
If for sports, wildlife, general photography, FX lenses for the desired field of view will be much more expensive for any given image quality. A 200mm telephoto on a DX that delivers great quality if on a FX would require a 300mm of the same speed and quality(at 2-3 times the cost) for equal field of view. A 70-200 is not much of a telephoto on a FX, it is more a mid range zoom, while on a DX is a great range for general purpose sports, wildlife, portraits, etc. I use 200mm often which is the main reason I have not gone to FX, $4000 to get back the field of view of what I have now in a very good 70-200 is not the best use of my limited funds.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New member and concider to buy d7000 [View all] , stelios , Fri 22-Oct-10 02:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New member and concider to buy d7000