Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
thephilmaster

CA
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D90 replacement?"

thephilmaster Registered since 20th Sep 2010
Mon 20-Sep-10 07:55 PM | edited Mon 27-Sep-10 03:51 PM by dm1dave

I would consider my uncle a semi-pro because he is quite skilled in photography and often sells prints of his photographs to people for home use. He isn't commissioned for jobs because he has his own job doing other things which is his primary source of income. I usually consider pros people who are being paid for photography or photographic services as their primary job. Semi pro would be like I described before, who may do tons of photography and in many cases may be more skilled than people I'd consider pros. Then the entry-enthusiast level which is much larger and can span from someone who just takes shots here or there without much knowledge of what anything on their DSLR does, to enthusiasts who by no means are unskilled, they just don't get paid. Let me just emphasize that in my opinion the skill level of any of these categories could vary. Enthusiasts could be more technically skilled than pros, I just classify it based on pay really. I realize its not the most effective method of classification because the needs of some enthusiasts may fall into the category of what I would describe as pro level cameras, I guess that I just figure that if you are in the business of photography you would want some of the best tools available to you. I know there are many holes with my view, keep in mind I don't even own a DSLR yet. Haha! Also, sorry for any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes, I'm typing this response on my iPhone...

This is a hot, active topic! D90 replacement? [View all] , Floridian Silver Member , Wed 15-Sep-10 10:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D90 replacement?