Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D7000 first DSLR

PI_is_314

Oshkosh, US
37 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New D7000 first DSLR"

PI_is_314 Registered since 04th Sep 2007
Wed 20-Oct-10 02:00 AM

If it makes you feel any better, many of us are in the same (or smaller) boat you're in. I had been looking at the D300 before it was released back in, what? 2007 or 2008 I think. I've settled for an upgraded point and shoot, and saving my money.

I love to take travel photos of landscape, wildlife, and some artsy-archetecural stuff and have started (barely) submitting some microstock photos. My basic photographic knowledge is pretty limited (apologies to Nikonians, Ken Rockwell, and Thom Hogan). However, I want to learn and expand my capabilities.

I picked up my first DSLR by grabbing the D7000 kit at Best Buy. We have migrating geese in our backyard and I'm guessing they aren't the best subjects to bolster the confidence of a novice. My first 92 photos (hello! continuous shooting) look fantastic on the 3" camera display. However upon closer review after downloading - not so much. Probably would have done better with my point and shoot to be honest.

Other than iPhoto, I don't have any type of photo software. That's a whole different beast.

Anyway, it's a journey. I've got a Nikon. I've got Nikonians. What more can you ask for?

Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New D7000 first DSLR [View all] , Chiguy , Tue 19-Oct-10 12:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D7000 first DSLR