Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon 5200 problem"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Fri 23-Aug-13 04:38 PM

Hi HuTom and welcome to Nikonian's. Since you have no responses yet maybe no one has seen the problem. So lets give it a try. But first a couple questions.

Is this the whole photo or a crop? While the photo is very small I can still see the lines but if I copy the photo and look at 200% the lines are quite clear. I also think the lines are in the in focus areas as well.

What memory card are you using, brand and specs?

How much sharpening is applied?

What size and quality was the photo taken? Do you see it when shooting raw?

I don't have a D5200 but I haven't seen the problem with any of my high resolution bodies like the D3200, D5100, D800 or D3X.

My first suggestion would be to try another memory card.

By the way when posting a photo for evaluation you should post a larger photo. I normally like to post a size of 900 pixels on the long side and then save from photoshop so the overall file size is around 280K. That's about an 8 quality when saving in CS5.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon 5200 problem [View all] , HuTom , Thu 22-Aug-13 04:04 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 5200 problem