Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need long cable release

blw

Richmond, US
28713 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Need long cable release"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Fri 26-Jul-13 05:25 PM

A third party radio remote - some of them - will allow multiple shots. Unfortunately I don't know which ones do and don't on a D5100. I am pretty sure that the Hahnel that I have does NOT, but I think that the Yongnuo ones that I don't have will do multiple shots. (I have the Yongnuo 603, and it does do multiple shots on my D2x/D3. This is the same RF tranceiver pair used for a D5100, but with a different cable - so I think it would work, but don't know as I don't have any of those class of camera.) The RF remotes are pretty cool, because they generally make for a cleaner experience. Now I can plug in the RF receiver module and actually leave the transmitter in my pocket and trigger it from there! No leaving it somewhere, no needing to having the IR transmitter dangling around my neck, no worrying about line of sight, or distance. (Both the Hahnel and Yongnuo work from at least 150 feet, which is the diagonal distance across an equestrian ring.)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Need long cable release [View all] , grnzbra Silver Member , Fri 26-Jul-13 09:33 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need long cable release