Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
edac

US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Considering the D5000"

edac Registered since 18th Jan 2007
Tue 17-Nov-09 05:49 AM

POC,

You are absolutley right, I was just going through my lens wish list and realized that I would not be able to use my best camera with my best lenses. That seems kind of counter productive to me. I have been checking O/L prices and it looks as though the D90 is slowly becoming one of the best DSLR values out there. The same reason I bought my D80, the prices were insanely low and a fantastic value. I paid almot half for the brand new D80 than I did for my D70 kit. Remember those days, the D70 with the 18-70 lens was around $1500, when you could find it in stock, I loved that camera. I was able to sell it w/the lens and the D70 books I aquired for $600, and got the D80 for $725.

Unfortunately the D80 won't bring in that kind of return, but it will still help off set the cost of the D90.

Thanks for all the input everyone, looks like the D90 is the future camera for me.

Thanks,
Mark

It's Good to be Gold!
Proudly Supporting Nikonians

http://www.klr-650.blogspot.com
---------------------------------
Not all those who wander are lost.

A general, generic topic Considering the D5000 [View all] , edac , Wed 21-Oct-09 06:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Considering the D5000