Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

5200 - card never fills - overwrites images!

MEMcD

US
31592 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 5200 - card never fills - overwrites images!"

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Thu 28-Mar-13 08:57 PM

Hi John,

Welcome to Nikonians!

I have not heard of a camera overwriting images on a full card before.

Have your friend go into the Camera Menu
> Custom Settings Menu (Pencil icon)
>f4 Slot Empty Release Lock
Set it to Release locked
This will prevent the shutter from releasing when there is no memory card in the camera and I suspect possibly when the memory card in the camera is full.

When it is set to Enable release the shutter will release with no memory card in the camera (and I suspect with a full memory card in the camera) and while the image will not be recorded, it will be displayed in the LCD monitor in Demo mode.

My best guess is f4 is Enabled in your friends camera and the while the new images are being displayed in the monitor, they are not being recorded.

Best Regards,
Marty

A topic tagged as having a question 5200 - card never fills - overwrites images! [View all] , JohnVme , Thu 28-Mar-13 06:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 5200 - card never fills - overwrites images!