Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ithompson72

Chichester, UK
68 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which Nikon?"

ithompson72 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Aug 2008
Fri 28-Dec-12 10:39 AM

Thanks to everyone for their help. Spent more time on reviews and went back down to the camerashop.

Choice was a D5200 at around £800 including 18-55VR kit lens or the D5100 with the 16-85VR for a total of £820 minus £105 cashback - so final total of £715.

The glass is more important than the few extra features for the 5200. So, went with the 5100. This way I can use the 5100 for a while and if I decide that I want the 5200 later then it should have come down in price quite a bit - at the moment it is just too much extra cash.

The amazing thing is the D5100 body with cashback came in at just £295 from my local camerashop. I am amazed that I can get that much camera for such a small amount of money and support my local economy.

They did also put out a second hand D3X on display whilst I was there for £2399 - if I get serious feature envy then I could go to that and employ someone to carry it for me

A general, generic topic Which Nikon? [View all] , ithompson72 Silver Member , Thu 27-Dec-12 11:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which Nikon?