Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Visibility of Focus Points on D5100

Leonard62

Pa, US
4419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Visibility of Focus Points on D5100"

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Thu 13-Dec-12 12:56 PM

I agree with just about everything posted in the blog. The lack of a focus wheel lock and the very small focus dots is probably the D5100 and the D3200 biggest short comings. However I don't find it serious enough to not buy the camera. I bought my D5100 in August of 2011 and my D3200 in May this year. I kept my D5100 because the pluses certainly out weighed the small focus points and I wanted to keep the articulating screen. The D3200 has the exact same focus points as the D5100 and I bought it because of the high sensor resolution. The focus points didn't even enter my mind.

But people are different and their eyesight is different. I suggest before you buy either of the cameras you're considering, to walk into your local camera shop and see for yourself if it's acceptable or not.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Visibility of Focus Points on D5100 [View all] , Alfred70 , Wed 12-Dec-12 04:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Visibility of Focus Points on D5100