Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My D3200 takes a long time to save shots to memory. Wha...

BalancedFox

ZA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: My D3200 takes a long time to save shots to memory. What am I doing wrong? "

BalancedFox Registered since 04th Dec 2012
Tue 04-Dec-12 01:44 PM

Thanks for your answer.

My card is a Verbatim 16GB "Premium" Class 10. It was a freebie I got with the camera, so it is possible the camera shop gave me a cheap one.

I have the camera with me at my desk now and I have been experimenting, and I think I have solved the problem. Maybe this will help someone else one day. Here are my notes:
1) When I switch the camera on, the first shot always takes 10+ seconds to be saved.
2) Thereafter I can shoot away and it only takes about 1 second to save each shot. This is great.
3) If I switch the camera off, and then on again. The first shot will take a long time to save.
4) If I take a shot every few seconds thereafter, then it saves quickly and I am able to shoot again.
5) But if I pause for a few seconds (without switching the camera off), and then shoot again, it takes a long time to save. It is as if the camera (or card?) goes into sleep mode whenever the camera is idle or switched off, and takes a long time to ready itself for saving.
6) I went into the camera menu and changed the "Auto Off Timers" setting. The Standby setting was set to default 6 secs. I changed it to 30 mins.
7) Solved! Now the camera saves quickly, even for my first shot after switching on.

I'm happy again!

A general, generic topic My D3200 takes a long time to save shots to memory. Wha... [View all] , BalancedFox , Tue 04-Dec-12 04:10 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My D3200 takes a long time to save shots to memory....