Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Flash disabled in auto mode

jpFoto

US
1114 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Flash disabled in auto mode"

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010
Thu 18-Oct-12 10:07 PM | edited Thu 18-Oct-12 10:22 PM by jpFoto

HI Claire

Assuming that you are still wrestling with this, you can do the hard reset without a computer, but you can't update the firmware.

I agree that you should try the "two button" reset. It will reset any menu items that you have stored, and it will put your camera back to factory settings. The reset buttons are the "i or information" button and the "menu" button. Hold them both down at the same time. You will probably get a message on the display that asks if you really want to that. Answer OK or whatever allows it to proceed. After the reset, I would probably take the battery out for about 30 seconds, but don't ask me why.

Let us know if that works. If not, maybe we can suggest a way that you can get the Lemurs in focus by using P (Program Mode) and Auto-ISO by choosing ISO 100 with a maximum ISO of up to ISO 3200 with a minimum shutter speed of 1/60. That would be my preference anyway over flash if it's a possibility.

Good luck.

jP

A topic tagged as in need of help Flash disabled in auto mode [View all] , Claire85 , Thu 18-Oct-12 10:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash disabled in auto mode