Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Extra battery questions.....

blw

Richmond, US
28573 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Extra battery questions....."

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Thu 04-Oct-12 12:02 AM

> Nikon MH-22 ... it only charges one at time even though it is a dual charger it makes no sence.

Well, I have one of these, and I think it works just fine. I might run two batteries down in a long day at a race - meaning two different cameras. For me, that means I shot about 2000 frames on one camera and probably 800 on the other one. I get back to the hotel, plop the batteries into the MH-22, put a fresh set in the cameras, and hit the sack. In the morning, they're both charged, and they go into the bag. It certainly seems to make a certain amount of sense. I don't really care that the batteries got charged sequentially while I was inspecting the back of my eyelids...

> i am not one to use my camera that often, maybe 3 times a year

Given that statement, I'm not at all certain that you need three batteries at all, and probably even two is overkill. Even given that your camera and battery don't have the capacity of the EN-EL4a's that go in the MH-22, I'd be pretty surprised if you can't get 500 frames in a charge. Do you really need to go further than that?

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Extra battery questions..... [View all] , adinis Gold Member , Tue 02-Oct-12 01:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Extra battery questions.....