Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting to know my D3200... questions

JohnD3200

CA
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Getting to know my D3200... questions"

JohnD3200 Registered since 22nd Aug 2012
Mon 17-Sep-12 06:09 AM

Marty

Thanks for your answers. Rooms are dimly lit to average lit if that helps. The subject's hands are sometimes blurry so its not camera shake. (I nailed that with my AE-1 !)

I always treated Aperture Mode as a means of controling DoF, whereas Shutter Mode was for controling camera & subject blur (or lack thereof). If that was the starting point would I not be better off in S mode and set the shutter speed to say 1/200 and let the camera adjust the aperture and ISO to suit?

Q3. What is the highest ISO I can use and still get reasonable 4x6 prints? (These particular shots will never be severely cropped or enlarged.)

(I am thinking I could make the necessary settings in P mode and have them there when needed.)

Thanks again

John

A general, generic topic Getting to know my D3200... questions [View all] , JohnD3200 , Mon 17-Sep-12 02:16 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Getting to know my D3200... questions