Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used"

NenBikonian

Roswell, US
209 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used""

NenBikonian Registered since 30th Sep 2011
Wed 08-Aug-12 02:16 PM

Hi,

No, it's not a Transcend card (with which I have actually had good experience in he past). It's a PNY card (whatever that is). I'm pretty sure it's a cheap, drugstore brand card. The d3100 is my wife's cam she got a couple years ago with two of these cards, both 8gb each. I've always known that I should replace them, but we don't use her camera enough to think about doing it (I use a D300, mostly, and so new SD cards aren't usually on my radar).

Thankfully, the pictures aren't of a once in a lifetime experience. They are memorable, for sure, but not critical. I'll hang onto the card to see if I can ever manage to find a way to recover the shots economically, but I'm definitely going to buy a couple of new SanDisk SD cards very soon.

Cheers,
Ben

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used" [View all] , NenBikonian , Sun 05-Aug-12 09:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3100 "This Memory Card Cannot Be Used"