Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

N5100 with Nikkor Af-s 50mm 1.8

dr_spear

QA
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: N5100 with Nikkor Af-s 50mm 1.8"

dr_spear Registered since 22nd Jul 2012
Tue 24-Jul-12 03:03 AM | edited Tue 24-Jul-12 03:05 AM by dr_spear

well, to be honest your problem goes beyond what you,ve described ,
I had the same issue with my D5100 and I'm still struggling to know if this is just a camera's "point of view" issue or it's a real technical fault
what i found out is that the camera is actually saying there is not enough light within the frame so i'm turning on the flash, which kinda weird coz to me it looked like there is pretty much enough light out there !!
even when you disable the flash or use another shooting mode like AP or SP....etc , if u notice the live view monitor u will see a question mark "blinking" before u press the shutter , press the zoom out button next to the live view and an explanation of the blinking question mark will pop on the live view saying that lighting is poor and using flash is recommended
for me i had this message whenever i included a dark object inside my frame regardless of the brightness of the rest of the scene
i had it with both kit lens and the 55mm 1.8G lens
obviously there's something going on with the metering system and i don't know if you should overlook this issue or take it seriously and have it checked up by the dealer, for me i got it oline from another country so there is no warranty , and when asked Nikon online about this they didn't seem to have an idea what I was talking about
after all, the image quality is not affected by what the camera is saying
I do get nice images with good exposures eventually

A general, generic topic N5100 with Nikkor Af-s 50mm 1.8 [View all] , RadFly , Mon 02-Jul-12 10:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: N5100 with Nikkor Af-s 50mm 1.8