Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Fortkentdad

Fort Kent, CA
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New D5100"

Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Sat 22-Sep-12 04:19 PM

I bought my D5100 in July and have really enjoyed it. Love the swivel LCD screen makes taking low level or high level shots much easier. When setting up the tripod I don't need to be able to get behind it completely to see what I'm taking. Great addition.

As for the flash commander - when I bought it I didn't realize what that would mean - now that I know I wish the D5100 had it - but I did buy an SB700 which as I understand it will act as the commander on the D5100 and can control a remote Nikon flash. I'm thinking that I'll either spring for a SB900/910 in the future or save a few hundred dollars and learn how to manage flashes manually and go with the optical slave route - or use flash triggers. But that is a little ways off as I'm just learning both the camera and the flash.

I really want to get past auto-everything which I tended to use on my old SLR (Nikon film) - the cost of developing discouraged experimenting now that I'm digital I can "ruin" lots of shots and the only cost is the time to hit Delete. Been concentrating on using the A setting for apature priority and controlling depth of field.

FKD
Alberta CANADA

A general, generic topic New D5100 [View all] , twowheels Silver Member , Sun 13-May-12 03:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D5100