Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Covey22

US
11730 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D7000/D5100-Video?"

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter Member
Sat 31-Mar-12 08:30 PM

The draw of using a DSLR is the large sensor and the interchangeable lens system behind it.

However, the "conveniences" of Auto-focus and auto-exposure are better on dedicated videocameras then on DSLRs.

For consumer video purposes (not "film-making" as I recently debated with a member on this forum I'm sure others weigh in soon enough), a dedicated video camera is more cost and time-efficient in my opinion.

That's not to say you can't make good video with DSLRs. But it's a deliberate choice with some limitations that potential owners should explore more fully.

Having video capability doesn't inhibit the cameras still-capture in any way. In fact, one could argue that video was "bolted on" - witness the relative lack of integration and controls in the early models such as the D90 and the D300S.

A topic tagged as having a question D7000/D5100-Video? [View all] , SnapHappii , Sat 31-Mar-12 05:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000/D5100-Video?