Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
thosmm

Spring Hill, US
77 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Two returns of D5000"

thosmm Registered since 12th May 2009
Sat 25-Jul-09 05:31 AM

Larry,

A question. Are you shooting to JPG? If not, what kind of post processing software are you using?

I don't use JPG at all. Everything is done in Lightroom 2 & Photoshop CS4. I have a Nikon microfiber cloth that is 18% gray that I use to set white balance, then I can do anything I could have done on the camera in post.

The RAW images are uniformly dull and drab. White balance improves things, exposure adjustment helps, and I have a basket full of tools that I use for color tuning.

I realize that this isn't as convenient as a P&S, but I find that I get much better image quality with the RAW dSLR image and post processing lets me adjust the image from what the sensor recorded to something close to what I saw.

Your mention of the in-camera adjustments seems to indicate that you're using the camera like a P&S, and judging the images by what is recorded by the camera on the SDHC card.

Just a thought,

-TM-

Visit My webpage and gallery..

A general, generic topic Two returns of D5000 [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 09-Jul-09 03:41 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Two returns of D5000