Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Downloading to computer

gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Downloading to computer"

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Mon 11-Jan-10 01:48 PM

The Jpeg and NEF files will have the same name. If you use your file browser, you should see only 2 files with the same name but different file types.

Also there will be 3 Jpeg images and one NEF image. This occurs because the full Jpeg and NEF have an embedded preview Jpeg image. This preview image allows one to see the thumbnail in various programs or with your file browser when properly configured.

If you are going to process or have both Jpeg and NEF files, I would configure my file browser to display the file extension so you can see which type of file the preview you are looking at is associated with.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

A general, generic topic Downloading to computer [View all] , cairopd1069 , Mon 11-Jan-10 08:07 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Downloading to computer