Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Tue 15-Dec-09 10:11 AM

In real use the differences come out more, not just static tests of individual specs. AF performance and real world low light capabilities are noticeably better with the D5000. The only downside really is lack of a focusing motor so older lenses that require an external focusing motor will not AF on the d500 but will easily work NF.
If she ignores the specs and just holds both she would pick the Nikon because it feels better, not like a toy which is a common complaint about Rebels.
When I bought my D90, it was newly released. Since it was out of my price range I had not even looked at the D90. The feature list of the 450D/Xsi seemed impressive and it was reasonably priced. I went to a store that had both brands and immediately was unimpressed with the size, fit in my hand and flimsiness of the Xsi. I picked up the D90 and immediately knew it was for me, before I even knew its specs. Boy, am I glad I tried them both, since that time I have discovered the D90 is even more competent performer than I could have hoped for.
My friends who have similar Canons are envious.
Years ago I shot extensively with a Canon A1 which I loved. All the nice lenses I had became obsolete overnight however.
There is nothing in common between her older Canon and the Rebel so she will would not have an advantage of being a prior Canon shooter when trying to master her new camera.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i [View all] , RedChristie , Mon 14-Dec-09 04:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5000 vs Canon Rebel T1i