Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kirk L-Bracket - Tamron Lenses

English Patriot

UK
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Kirk L-Bracket - Tamron Lenses"

English Patriot Registered since 23rd Jun 2008
Thu 17-Jul-08 12:40 PM | edited Thu 17-Jul-08 12:41 PM by English Patriot

"You are using the camera mounted to the head using this L-bracket with a 200-400mm VR Nikkor fitted to the camera?"

Absolutely not! As you may know the 200-400 f4 and the 70-200 f2.8 are secured directly to the tripod head via a lens mounted collar. I posted those lens merely to illustrate the quality of lens I owned. Perhaps a bad example!

To the point and finally.

The Kirk L Bracket D200 fits on the D300 very securely and no further "bracket" is required. This was also true of the D200. I shoot virtually every day, primarily with a tripod. I received my D300 very early after release and have shot tens of thousands of images since. I also use a D3 but due to the environment I work in, I prefer the lighter camera. Hence I will pick up a new D700 next week. (Superior Image quality than D300 - lighter than D3).

The Kirk L bracket was designed to be used enabling the photographer to switch quickly from landscape orientation to portrait. 80% of all images sold to mags. are in portrait mode as you may know but I always shoot in both formats. I cannot see why you should think the L bracket requires any further attachment? How do you change format?

Anyway, I don`t hang around long on any forums, the odd look occasionally, no more.

Perhaps you could attach an image of how you use your L Bracket? As you know, non paying members are precluded from posing attachments.

Juat noticed your image! Thanks!

This is a hot, active topic! Kirk L-Bracket - Tamron Lenses [View all] , dmenges Silver Member , Tue 15-Jul-08 05:09 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kirk L-Bracket - Tamron Lenses
                                             Reply message You're cracking me up!