Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 at Chicagoland

RebelPOW

Chicago Suburbs, US
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D700 at Chicagoland"

RebelPOW Registered since 05th Aug 2002
Sun 13-Jul-08 11:27 PM

Thanks Matthew,

I agree. Several dealers have told me that they expect to fill their waiting lists with their initial allocation. The Nikon rep was almost defensive with his denial of this ("I can show you my pre-orders"). Not sure if he was talking with his marketing hat on or his customer service hat.

Whatever. I hope he's wrong as I want my hands on one of these babies very soon.

On a side note. This is the very first NASCAR event that I've been to in years without a single white lens visible with the working press. There might have been some there, but from my vantage point sweeping the front stretch and most of the pits they weren't visible. This confirms a trend at NASCAR that I noticed with the Milwaukee races in June where D3's seemed to outnumber the white lenses among the working press. I thought that was interesting.

A Southern Nikonian trapped in Yankeeland

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 at Chicagoland [View all] , RebelPOW , Sun 13-Jul-08 01:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 at Chicagoland
Reply message RE: D700 at Chicagoland