Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 at Chicagoland

RebelPOW

Chicago Suburbs, US
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"D700 at Chicagoland"

RebelPOW Registered since 05th Aug 2002
Sun 13-Jul-08 03:39 PM | edited Sun 13-Jul-08 04:06 PM by RebelPOW

At last night's NASCAR race at Chicagoland Speedway, Nikon had a display booth in association with Central Camera of Chicago.

I was given the brief opportunity to hold a D700 with grip and a 70-200 f2.8 mounted to it.

The camera feels very much like a D300. Nice simplified controls on the back (as compared to my D200).

I've never been a fan of battery grips and this one was no different. With the 70-200 mounted, this was a heavy setup. I'd prefer it without the grip, but that's my preference.

Nikon rep said that availability would be limited until the first of the year. I thought that was interesting since it conflicts with what several dealers have told me.

Just thought that I'd share first opinions.

A Southern Nikonian trapped in Yankeeland

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 at Chicagoland [View all] , RebelPOW , Sun 13-Jul-08 01:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 at Chicagoland
Reply message RE: D700 at Chicagoland