I figured as much. It was the same when got the D2X. It took a couple of months it seems for Adobe and Nikon to end their quarrel about the SDK kit. I don't anticipate the wait to be very long this time, but I am going to really need something if their is a gap.
I will probably download a 30 day demo if that is the case. Who knows? they might end up getting another converter convert, so to speak